Liberty Alliance USA Announces the Launch of Back MO Blue
October 3, 2019
JEFFERSON CITY, MO – Liberty Alliance USA is excited to announce the launch of the Back MO Blue initiative. Back MO Blue was created to support the men and women who risk their lives every day to defend Missourians.
This multi-faceted effort by Liberty Alliance proposes seven points that should be addressed to help law enforcement:
- Toughen penalties for those who harm or murder a police officer;
- Protect law enforcement officials from unnecessary lawsuits;
- Invest in officer safety and health;
- Ban police exclusion lists;
- Eliminate the taxes on police officer healthcare plans instituted by Obamacare;
- Create a fund for law enforcement officers who damage their uniform in the line of duty;
- Support legislation allowing certain violent crimes to be prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office.
There was a 12 percent increase in police deaths from 2017 to 2018. Additionally, the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services reported in December 2017 that 56 percent of police deaths from ambush shootings were targeted attacks that occurred when officers were eating or traveling home. This rise in violence is not only alarming to Missourians – it’s unacceptable.
Liberty Alliance USA will work with leaders from across the state and local grassroots activists in order to raise awareness and further discussion on these topics.
Todd Graves, former US Attorney and founder of Liberty Alliance states: “When our officers leave their families each day, there’s no guarantee they will return home – they put everything on the line to keep us safe. The Back MO Blue initiative is just the beginning of what we can do to support Missouri law enforcement, and I’m confident political and community leaders will join Liberty Alliance and its members as we fight to shield and respect the men and women in blue.”
More details can be found at www.libertyallianceusa.com/back-mo-blue/. Please contact Chris Vas at email@example.com or by phone at 573-321-9799 with any questions.